CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Jane's In Stitches Facelift!



My blogspot has had a face lift and I think its Beautiful!
Thank you Gina, and Kristyn for all of your help. Now I think I'm on my way to the wonderful world of Blogging, so here it goes!
I have been a Longarm Quilter for 10 years, working from home In Niagara On The Lake, Ontario. I have to say it has been a good life for me. Turning my hobby into my business, and being at home for my Son Bowen during his school years. Bowen is now just finishing up his 1st year of college :)
Today, my studio is equipped with 2 Gammill Classics and one Classic at my second location, at Kindred Spirits Quilt Co. 211 Martindale Road St. Catharines where you can find me every Wed. My room there is loaded with threads and patterns just like my home studio and I have had a ball meeting with new and old Customers.
I joke and say that "I have moved back out into the real world". Honestly no more track pants and hair bands for me! New clothes here I come, and I may even get my nails done every now and again! Truly, this has been a great move and I'm enjoying every second.
Kindred Spirits Quilt Co. is an adorable shop, and worth a look. Michelle, the owner has a fresh perspective when it comes to quilting, and her taste in fabric is wonderful. The atmosphere in the shop is fun and light hearted that's for sure! I think I'm going to be very, very comfortable there.
She and her staff have been busy working on new samples.
I am so impressed with this table runner (pictured above, I can't figure out how to insert the pic here...but I will) It comes from the book "Skinny Quilts & Table Runners 11 , Fabulous Cut Flowers (Sue Benner) Liz Frazer did the piecing, and told me that this runner was easy and enjoyable to make but I find that so hard to believe, because the result of the raw edged Applique looks complicated. The combination of Batiks is stunning!
I'm getting to the end of this first....blog and have a pile of ideas for future posts swirling around in my head (oh no).
As a Machine Quilter I have had the opportunity to work with the creators of so many quilts. Every now and again a special heart felt piece comes into my hands and through trust and faith, I am given the honour to use my talent and creativity to complete their story. (oh what a great job I have) Tomorrow I will blog about just that. ......a mother and 2 daughters ... creating the perfect Wedding quilt for Granddaughter, daughter, niece.....
See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment