CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Niagara Shop Hop Report!

This past weekend was the Spring Niagara Shop Hop and wow what a success! The event began on Thurs. and we were busy right through until the end on Sat. It is just a great weekend for friends to get together and go to all 3 shops in the area and to check out whats new in our quilt shops.
On Thursday, I put aside some time to go to The Quilting Bee, Fonthill and the Patchwork Porch, Niagara Falls to check it all out, and to snap a couple of photos before landing at my home store Kindred Spirits to spend the rest of the weekend.
Each store had their very own "Shop Hop Quilt" and they also gave out a free gift.


Kindred Spirits Quilt Co.
Midnight in the Rose Garden, Kit 99.95
Designed by Nancy Nigh, and quilted by Moi!



Feathers, feathers and more feathers, because as you know, I love feathers! I love how Nancy put a twist to the traditional Dresden Plate.

The store was loaded, with fabric and kits. There sure is no shortage of Flannels and also novelty fabrics!

I was in my room, doing some Longarm Demonstrations, and had a great time showing off some different techniques.
All weekend long we served, goodies and fruit and had punch and coffee on hand. It was great to see groups of ladies, enjoying a visit on the patio furniture out front, and so many had lunch at Cafe Amore. We all hope that you enjoyed your visit!



The Patchwork Porch
Chinese Puzzle, Kit 119.95

This Quilt was so bright and fun! A breath of fresh air. It was displayed on a chair with matching pillows. The store was a buzz with quilters, checking out the new fabrics! While I was there, Debbie and Al we so busy cutting fabric, I wonder how long they lasted, I hope they had a second shift arranged! Every 30 min. or so, they had a draw for special prize! I didn't win.... rats, but the goodies were delicious!

The Quilting Bee
Rick Rack out of Whack
Designed by Susan Fuquay, Kit 99.95

This quilt is very pretty. The beautiful fabrics made this simple design just perfect.
The Quilting Bee had a beautiful display of samples and so many new fabric lines. We had so much fun on the Porch as Linda gave a demo on a ruler for binding. Used correctly, this ruler will guarantee perfect binding every time! Now we're talking! Oh ya, I left with one.





I really hope that everyone had a great time doing the Shop Hop! So now, its back to usual for me....I may get some time in the garden!! I'll be working in my room At Kindred Spirits every Wednesday and its business as usual here in Niagara On the Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment