CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Niagara Fall Shop Hop This Weekend

Hello Everyone,


One question......where did September go? That would be the million dollar question. I know we are all busy, but wow, I think I just blinked and here we are heading into October, already. The fall retreats are getting so close, fall fairs are underway, and the Christmas rush has started for all Longarm Machine Quilters. I will for sure welcome with a happy heart, the new month and all that goes with it......but....I'm just saying?

Looking back, September was a fun filled action packed month. Heading North in the Uhaul to get Bowen settled in at school.... :) spending time with friends from the past, planning the Nicaragua trip, The Pad Party, and quilting, quilting, quilting. Yes it was a great month. With so many action packed days, no wonder it went in a hurry. Maybe I'll slow down in Oct and it will last longer. Ya right.....Not likely but for today's post lets go with that!

So the Niagara Shop Hop is this weekend, and I for one Love this event. It is a great time for quilting friends old and new to get together and check out whats going on at all of the shops. Each have their own flair, and if anything else ohhhh what a motivator to get us all moving on some fall projects.

Niagara Falls, Patchwork Porch
Fonthill, The Quilting Bee
St Catharines, Kindred Spirits Quilt Co. (that's where I hang out :)

So here is how it works. Whatever shop you start at will give you a passport, and each shop will give you a stamp on that passport and at the last stop, just hand it in and you will be entered into the big draw. I'm not sure what the prize is, but from years past I know it won't be disappointing. It gets better......each shop also gives the shop hoppers (which I like to call you) a free give away and also a free pattern for their individual Featured Shop Hop Quilt. You can count on discounts throughout the stores, and refreshments and snacks also. So, trust me, this event is so worth your time. Don't forget to throw lunch in there somewhere.....time spent with our quilting friends can only "do a girls heart some good``.

The quilts below are those I have been working on over the past few weeks, and you will run into them this weekend.

Ill be in my room so come in I would love to see you. Enjoy your day with whoever you travel with. And remember...``the one with the biggest stash wins``




`To Grandmothers House We Go``

Stitched and Pieced by Sharon Watson

Class at The Quilting Bee



This is a great quilt with allot of hand stitching. Sharon you did a great job and I loved to quilt it for you. I hope you can zoom in on this picture so you can see the details.



Pumpkin Hanger Kit available at Kindred Spirits Quilt Co.



``I Believe``


Pieced by Susan Fortino




If you can believe it, Susan did all of the applique on her quilt by hand, and this isn`t her first either. Just a beauty, and again I hope you can click to see more of the detail.

``My True Love Game to Me.......``


Raffle Quilt


Raffle Quilt in support of Quilting and Sewing in Nicaragua

(Did you honestly think I would get through a whole blog without mentioning a fundraiser!)
I`ll be brief :)

Tickets are $2.00 ea. or 3 for $5.00 and available at Kindred Spirits or Jane

This quilt was a team effort and pieced by me, Gloria Meyer, Sharon Watson, and the Binding, Dianne Civak

Custom Quilted by Jane


And one last mention. The Pasta dinner and Silent Auction is coming up fast! October 26. It is a very casual evening with a drop in Buffet between 5-8 pm. It is a delicious meal, and we will be all eating for a great cause. Bring your families and friends to this fun, night, and I look forward to being your hostess!

Tickets are $15.00 ea and available at Kindred Spirits or Jane, 905-938-8422


That's it for now!! Happy quilting, Happy Hopping, see you soon!













No comments:

Post a Comment