CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Stitch-a-Thon a Roaring Success!

The Pad Party was a huge success! Over 30 sewers aka Pad Princesses, joined together in Niagara on the Lake to make Sanitary Pads (finished result pictured above) for me to take to Nicaragua in January. I am travelling there to teach Sewing and Quilting to a group of ladies who would like to start their very own Co-op. My heart broke when I learned that some of the girls, miss out on school every month because they don't have the supplies to manage their periods and that is why this night of outreach began.
This is Kristyn, who is a pro at serging! She finished over 200 pads! What a trooper. I on the other hand couldn't serge to save my life. Kristyn is my dear friend from Ilderton and is also on the Team travelling to Nicaragua. Thanks for being there and for all of your help :)
Jane and Sharon. Sharon was the brains behind the whole Pad production. I gave her the idea and she ran with it! She worked for weeks on the final Pad design, and made sure that the production line was organized and everyone had a job. This girl truly has a beautiful heart.
And this is the group that made this effort such a success. 185 liners and many extra pads were made during the evening and donations of $1500.00 were collected with more on the way. This is so huge! To every single one of you, Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your friendship, support and helping hands.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Jane.... You truly have a very big heart too. It was a very enjoyable evening, I'm glad that I could be a small part if it.... Thanks for being you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Night.....offically 185 Liners, and 250 pads. Phewwwwwwwww Way to go all involved and from the bottom of my heart. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete